Engineering Assistant - Building Automation/HVAC - Smart Infrastructure - Bellevue, WA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 238538
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
As an Engineering Assistant you will provide support with material ordering and tracking, vendor quotes and coordination, Desigo CC Graphics support, and engineering related administrative functions. Located in Washington State, this position reports to the Engineering Team Lead.
- Provides material handling responsibilities for the Data Center COC
- Coordinates the ordering and delivery of job related materials and products using procurement software and credit cards
- Contacts vendors to obtain updated information
- Administrates and sets up project documentation in Autodesk BIM360 software
- Proofreads engineering documents and letters
- Prepares and modifies AutoCAD drawings, sequences of operation, bills of materials, and databases to help generate quality engineering submittals
- Creates and modifies graphical layouts as described and laid out by engineers
- Assembles both paper format and Adobe PDF format engineered submittal booklets for contractors/customers from a multitude of sources including AutoCAD drawings, Word documents, Adobe PDF documents, etc.
- Provides copying support for the completion of booklets
- Prepares project training manuals and owner manuals for on-site training to contractors and customers
- Monitors department office supplies and re-orders items as required
- Delivers and/or picks-up materials and products when required
- Coordinates and attends department engineering meetings and trainings
- Provides occasional phone support and front desk customer support
- Provides occasional warehouse shipping and receiving support
- High school diploma, state recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam
- Academic or professional experience that demonstrates the ability to understand electrical and mechanical concepts related to the type of construction and maintenance work done by Siemens
- Academic or professional experience that demonstrates the ability to proofread documents for grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors
- Required travel: <30%
- Must be able to lift and relocate boxes up to 40 lbs
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Drafting/CAD and HVAC experience. (Candidates with Drafting/CAD experience or HVAC experience will receive preference over candidates without such experience.)
- Procurement/logistics experience
- Local candidates will receive preference
- Adobe Photo Shop
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!