Sr. Engineer - Hardware Configuration
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 238546
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown, United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr. Engineer – Hardware Configuration
Seeking a Senior Hardware Configuration Engineer to help develop and maintain engineering BoM’s for new products throughout the lifecycle of the instrument including planning for configurations in manufacturing. In this role, the Configuration Engineer will be the liaison between solution architecture, design engineering, and supply chain manufacturing. This position reports to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Configuration and Release Engineering.
· This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr. Engineer – Hardware Configuration, you will be responsible for:
· Seeking a Senior Hardware Configuration Engineer to help develop and maintain engineering BoM’s for new products throughout the lifecycle of the instrument including planning for configurations in manufacturing.
· In this role, the Configuration Engineer will be the liaison between solution architecture, design engineering, and supply chain manufacturing.
· This position reports to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Configuration and Release Engineering.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Establish and maintain product data structures in PLM tools
· Establish and maintain engineering BoM’s for product design work package deployment
· Plan for configurations during both development (engineering prototypes) and commercialization
· Coordinate and support design release execution
· Manage integration and stabilization work package deployment
· Manage and support design change activities
· Coordination point for Design-to-Shelf assets
· Manage platform asset knowledge capture
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
· Ability to lead a small team
· Experience in Configuration Engineering
· Minimum 5 years work experience in PLM
· Minimum 3 years work in mCAD tool (Solidworks, NX)
· Minimum 5 years of total work experience in product development related field
· Domestic travel required (~5-10%)
· International travel possible (~<5%)
· Preferred work experience in Teamcenter, NX, SAP P41 and/or TFS
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.