Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 238546
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown, United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Product Configuration Management Engineer
Seeking a Senior Hardware Product Configuration Management Engineer to help develop and maintain engineering Bills of Materials for new products throughout the lifecycle of the instrument. In this role, the Configuration Engineer will be the liaison between solution architecture, design engineering, and supply chain manufacturing. This position reports to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Configuration and Release Engineering. Are you an analytical thinker? Are you great at working out processes and concepts while also being able to dive into details? Then this could be your next challenge!
As a Product Configuration Management Engineer, you will be responsible for:
· Defining and implementing business processes for Multi-BOM management (CAD BOM, eBOM, and mBOM) inclusive of Variant Management
- Develop and maintain engineering BOM’s for new products throughout the lifecycle of the instrument including planning for configurations in manufacturing.
· Establish and maintain product data structures in PLM tools
· Plan for configurations during both development (engineering prototypes) and commercialization
· Coordinate and support design release execution
· Support design change activities
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
· Ability to lead a small team
· Knowledge and Experience in Product Configuration Management (i.e. Aerospace, Automotive, Medical Device, etc.)
· Minimum 5 years work experience in PLM
· Minimum 3 years work in mCAD tool (Solidworks, NX)
· Minimum 5 years of work experience in product development related field
· Domestic travel required (~<5%)
· International travel possible (~0-5%)
Preferred skills to have for the success of this role
- Preferred work experience in Teamcenter
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.