Mgr, Field Engineering
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 238567
Primary Location: United States-Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The DX Customer Site Service Manager provides highly visible customer support through the management of onsite installation, service, maintenance and modification of equipment at customer sites. This highly visible role is a critical component to our holistic approach in solving our customer’s most difficult problems.
The DX Customer Site Service Manager will manage a team of field service engineers supporting the customer location and/or defined territory. The DX Site Service Manager will also be responsible for daily interaction with customers to provide regular updates and to manage escalations as required. Additionally the Site Service Manager will be responsible for managing working relationships with second and third level technical support, customer line operators, and other internal sales and service counterparts.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
Key deliverables will include:
1.) Responsibility for successful onsite service operations, driving continuous improvements and overall responsibility for site service performance.
2.) Acting as the customer liaison on most matters including troubleshooting, escalations, reporting, and general communications. Interprets customer demands/feedback and owns the solution.
3.) Demonstrating strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner.
4.) Direct management of a team of field service engineers who support the systems. This includes performance management, staffing, and other administrative duties such as timekeeping.
5.) Developing schedules and assigning work to technicians based upon customer need.
6.) Taking the lead in identifying an engineer’s level of capability, providing on-the-job training, and recommending additional training.
7.) Ensuring that all work is performed with a high level of quality and safety.
8.) Collaborating across the organization to ensure that customer demands are satisfied.
9.) Taking initiative as problems and opportunities arise by anticipating and meeting customer needs and company expectations.
· Minimum of Associates Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or similar engineering program preferred or equivalent military training is preferred
· 8+ years of experience servicing laboratory diagnostic systems and/ or robotic systems and relative instruments strongly preferred.
· Prior management or leadership experience is strongly preferred.
· Prior experience in managing projects across multiple teams is preferred.
· Ability to work both individually and in an established team setting.
· Proved track record of strong customer service skills as well as excellent communication skills.
· Ability to interface with customers, peers, internal support center employees in a positive and professional manner.
· Must be able to utilize a computer and computer-based tools for reports, emails, and general communication.]
· Willingness and ability to perform frontline service activities if needed
· Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally at times for training.
· Willingness and ability to work different shifts, on-call, nights and week-ends in case of need.
· Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement.