Meshing Development Student Intern (STS, CG)
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 238573
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Meshing Development Student Internship
Location: Austin, Texas
Start Date: Summer 2019
Hours: Full-time during the summer
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated Master’s or PhD student who has past meshing experience. You will get the opportunity to:
· Evaluate and provide feedback on the usability of certain features and workflows.
· Develop/modify scripts for collection and analysis of test results
· Assist with testing of meshing related development features, which may include manual testing, developing automated tests, test analysis, etc.
· Create test cases and suggest possible tests for the automated testing suites.
· Assist in the development of new meshing features or utilities for use in STAR-CCM+
· Profile code to evaluate performance and do an initial analysis of bugs
· Submission of bug reports from the above testing
· Profiling of certain features to find performance bottlenecks
· Initial analysis of incoming bug reports
· Independently evaluate and provide feedback on the usability of certain features or workflows
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Scientific Visualization, Aerospace Engineering, Computational Science, Computer Science or a related field
· Past experience with meshing
· Classroom or practical exposure to multi-physics simulation tools for CFD or FEA.
· Classroom or practical experience with at least one commercial package, preferably Siemens NX, Solidworks, CATIA or ProEngineer/Creo that includes mesh generation
· Classroom or practical experience with commercial CFD or Multiphysics software such as STAR-CCM+ or Ansys
· Knowledge of Java, C++, Python, Linux Shell or equivalent programming language
· Experience working on both Windows and Linux operating systems
· Genuine interest in the simulation of real-world engineering problems using computational methods