Spares Specialist - Material Logistics Spec 2
Business Unit: Procurement
Requisition Number: 238582
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Material Logistics Spec 2 – Spares Specialist
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Material Logistics Spec 2 – Spares Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- You will work in close co-operation with the production and spares team at the site to ensure the timely delivery of spares that are needed for CSML. The role is typically involves:
- All orders are reviewed for availability & lead time
- Production orders are opened & distributed
- Expedite requests reviewed for availability
- ATP checks made as spares move into required shipping location throughout the day
- Spreadsheet is maintained to track what ships out and if it was on time or not
- Spares On-Time report distributed monthly
- Investigation of the Spares orders is done prior to distribution to the manufacturing operations team.
- Chart is now being maintained to monitor our progress with all of our spares RoHS orders
- MTR requested are received and reviewed before forwarding over to the Warehouse
- MTR is processed and inventory relieved once the requestor receives his or her items
- QN notifications for scraps are received and processed
- QN notifications for rework orders are received and processed.
- You will accompany and support customers during external reference site visits
- You will take part at the knowledge exchange with our R&D team to improve and further develop our products and software solutions
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- The role will be ideal for an individual who already has experience of the procurement/spares function and the procurement environment.
- A person who enjoys maintaining and supporting the inner systems that underpin the buying activities, has a good understanding of materials movements within the incoming supply chain.
- A person qualified for this role will typically have 3 -5 years or more experience within the purchasing environment, may have previously functioned as a buyer or has aspirations to move to a front line buying function in the future.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· 3 to 5 years plus experience in a purchasing, materials or supplier management areas.
· Professional procurement or materials certification is preferred
· Associates Degree and or equivalent qualifications
· An understanding and familiarity of IT systems and data management
· Experience of hardware manufacturing in low to mid volume environments
· Strong MS office capability
· A team player that can support and guide peer departments and
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.