Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 238590
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
For more information, please visit:
The RL product offerings include light rail vehicles, electric locomotives, diesel-electric locomotives, passenger coaches, and high speed trains. Core manufacturing processes include extensive carshell welding activities, bogie fabrication and assembly, electrical subassembly, finishing and paint, and final assembly.
- Participates in implementation and maintenance of Engineering Change Notice System for product improvements, repairs and new product development.
- Works within MRP / ERP systems to add, remove, modify, and troubleshoot datasets.
- Structures (create and sequence) a set of manufacturing bill of materials for different stages of manufacturing rail vehicles (requires a basic knowledge of the manufacturing processes, terminologies, and concepts).
- Creates MBOMs and MBOM structures, assigning the appropriate work centers to each work order to define the correct material delivery zones, and assigning the appropriate cost centers to define the correct labor cost allocations.
- Be able to read Engineering Drawings and BOM’s to develop Manufacturing BOM’s.
- Understands how “Bills of Materials” are structured and used with a work order system including setting up time standards, lead times, lead time offsets, and their effects on supply and demand.
- Adjusts bills of materials based on in-source, out-source, outside router, and phantom structures based on business need.
- Takes a “hands on” approach to production planning including supporting production, manufacturing /industrial engineering, supply chain, enterprise scheduling, and design engineering to resolve bill of material / supply & demand issues.
- Realizes the impact of MBOM changes to the business and customer departments.
- Education: High School Diploma
- 1 to 3 years experience working with multiple BOM types (BOMs, EBOMs, MBOMs), ideally in a low volume - high mix and engineered to order manufacturing operation.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Work experience (including number of years: 0 to 3 years)
- Knowledge, skills, or expertise: JD Edwards, SAP, Other MRP/ERP Systems
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Must be able to work in team environment
- Good communication skills
- Amount of travel with the position: 0%
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technician or AA degree.
- Certifications: American Production and Inventory Control Society Certification – APICs, Certified in Production and Inventory Management Certifications - CPIM
- Past experience: 3 to 5 years experience working with BOM’s and reading of drawings.
- Further develops department procedures to improve business and engineering transactions.
- General understanding of lean principles and waste elimination in a manufacturing setting.
- Advanced Excel Skills, Windchill, K2 Work Flow, Data Analysis and Reporting.