Sales Estimator - Building Automation Solutions - Hayward, CA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 238635
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Building Technologies is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical building controls estimator and sales support specialist to grow our Building Automation business in the Los Angeles area in vertical markets such as Commercial Office, Healthcare, K-12, Universities, and Municipalities.
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, all of which start from Day One of employment
The Automation Solutions Sales Estimator reports to the Automation Solutions Sales Manager in Hayward, California to support the growth and sales productivity of the Automation Solutions Sales Team. In this role, this individual will primarily focus on maintaining proper spreadsheets of test & inspection deficiencies, estimating, generating proposals, follow-up, data tracking, and inputting data into our CRM while up-selling agreements to drive growth of the service business.
- Support customers, operations, and service sales team by estimating automation solutions in accordance with established critera.
- Complete customer report requests.
- Process new accounts in CRM.
- Up-sell agreements/services etc.
- Participate in sales and operations meetings as necessary.
- Cold-call (over phone) and qualify prospects.
- Gather cost information from subcontractors and internal sources.
- Deliver scope work requirements to Operations.
- Lead and coordinate the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for fire solutions and services.
- Obtain quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services.
- Ensure timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation and completeness of package given to sales.
- Complete bid project take-offs, interpret specifications, and develop of bill of materials (BOM).
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs to develop deeper customer and project understanding.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High School diploma, state-accredited GED, or state-recognized high school placement exam.
- Required experience: Demonstrable ability to comprehend, explain, and estimate labor and materials associated with the type of deficiencies related to fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other Requirements:
- Proficient with written and communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred experience: Two years of field and sales in the building automation industry.
- Other preferences:
- Knowledge of and proficiency in building automation solutions.
As part of our recruiting process, if you are selected to move forward, our Talent Acquisition Recruiter will be reaching out to you to complete a digital interview. Our OnDemand Digital Interview will allow you to showcase your sales skills beyond your resume at your convenience!