Sr. Sales Executive - Automation Service - Maine
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 238669
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Scarborough
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Sr. Sales Executive to manage and grow our Maine territory for our Building Automation Service Sales group.
The primary responsibility
of the Sr. Sales Executive is to achieve new orders and gross margin goals by
developing all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory. Siemens is seeking an experienced sales
executive with expertise and industry knowledge preferably in Healthcare and/or
Higher Education markets.
- Create and implement strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
- Effectively perform needs assessments, develop sales proposals, estimates, and customer facing presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
- Develop new business relationships with End-User Clients to position and create a business case to utilize Siemens Building Technologies solutions in their facilities and new construction projects.
- Possess the skills to communicate the impact to the customer’s business objectives of utilizing Siemens solutions within their facilities.
- When managing current accounts, develop and deploy account management strategies and prepare annual technology roadmap for clients.
- Develop relationships with typical End-User decision-makers including C-Level executives, VP of Operations, and Directors of Facilities. Responsible to maintain/expand these relationships within assigned, existing client accounts, as well as, create new customer relationships. Act as a Trusted Advisor to customers across their enterprises.
- Work directly with building owners to reduce energy consumption, improve the indoor environment and extend the life of mechanical and electrical distribution equipment.
- Prepare accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports, and expense tracking.
- Participate in civic and professional organizations to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
- Actively participate in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keep current on market business and product trends. Continue to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
- Team sells with other Division partners when appropriate to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, Mechanical Services and Low & Medium Voltage products.
- Expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technologies offerings.
- Drive/coordinate new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- At least 2-5 years of selling into the Healthcare and/or Higher Education markets, preferably HVAC Controls Service Sales, although strong sales candidates without HVAC Controls experience but with Healthcare or Higher Ed experience will also be considered.
- Requires technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell Siemens Building Technologies solutions and service product lines.
- Related professional certifications preferred.
- Up to 15% travel is required.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid Driver’s License in good standing, and must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Plan.
Why Siemens? We offer:
- A competitive base salary plus a generous, no cap limit, commission plan
- Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
- All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
- Company Vehicle for business and personal use with gas card
- Extensive sales and product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave, as shown in our low turnover rate.