Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 238672
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Rail Automation is seeking to hire a Senior Project Manager to steer projects from the bid phase through to customer acceptance. In this role, you will perform project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). We're seeking an experienced PM that has managed high dollar, long term infrastructure or construction projects previously.
You will supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. In addition, you will ensure customer satisfaction through project completion. Travel to Customer sites is required. This role will involve extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, procurement, manufacturing, and other members of cross-functional teams.
• Participate in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and project requirements.
• Analyze plans, contract specifications and requirements to determine project requirements. Follow up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of project scope.
• Manage the development of project plans in advance of project activity to assure effective execution by the Project Team and monitor progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Oversee preparation and execution of engineering schedules. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs.
• Prepare (or oversee preparation of) progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer and authorize payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Participate in project reviews and acceptance testing and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Previous project management experience (8+ years) including management/oversight of project profit and loss and leading cross-functional teams.
• Experience interfacing with customers and leading customer interactions.
• Familiarity with industry-related computer software and hardware.
• Control Systems Project Management experience preferred
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired
• Electrical or Computer Engineering Degree preferred
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.