Coil Maker A
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 238687
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Responsible for applying insulation materials and tapes, by hand, to electric motor coils.
This position is a 2nd shift position reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor. This position is in a collective bargaining Union and must be able to train on either 1st or 2nd shift.
- Apply tape and other insulation materials to electric motor coil per specified manufacturing methods
- Efficiently perform all operations necessary to ensure coils conform to all quality standards
- Check dimensions during manufacturing process with measuring equipment
- Visually check and reject or accept coils for material defects per specified quality standards
- Transport coils on carts from staging area to the next workstation
- Use and read measuring devices to check and reject or accept coils for dimensional acceptance
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to coils
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.