Compliance Architect - Siemens PLM
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 238699
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-St. Louis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Compliance Architect - Major City USA
As Compliance Architect you will work with internal teams & external auditors to identify gaps in existing security controls while ensuring alignment to industry standards. Previous experience with assessment and authorization (A&A) or certification and accreditation (C&A) processes for a large enterprise will be extremely helpful in this role however it would be ideal if you can demonstrate understanding of security framework commonalities with a deep understanding of tailoring the security controls.
You will work internally with teams to develop documentation while embedding compliance requirements into the end to end processes. As a Compliance Architect you will have the opportunity to exhibit leadership and show value as a business enabler for the teams who helps shepherd and embed compliance into the Siemens PL cloud systems. In this role, you will build partnerships with the Information Technology and Operations teams to successfully achieve higher level GRC (Governance, Risk management & Compliance) related goals and objectives while maintaining industry compliance activities.
If you seek a hands-on role where the Compliance Architect works with a combination of management, technical, and non-technical staff this role is for you. The role requires regular interaction with Security Officers & cloud services teams across an enterprise structure so previous experience within a security department where you performed audits, risk scoring, security controls assessments, or security compliance activities is a must. To be successful you will be a self-starter, have a solid understanding of security policies, processes, excellent project management skills, demonstrated an ability to run multiple, large initiatives simultaneously, and be a superb manager who will achieve results while maintaining a high velocity of activity across the security program. Our team seeks a professional who is experienced with agile development methodologies and able to drive security improvement processes throughout the security teams.
• Drive and support the information security compliance related activities within the group
• Responsible for defining and mapping compliance controls
• Translates security framework
• Maintains compliance documentation to support ISO 27001, SOC and similar compliance requirements
• Assist in the architecture, design, implementation, and lead AWS public cloud build (connectivity, network, security, containerization, monitoring)
• Automate infrastructure provisioning to standup servers, install software and applications
• Research and consult on AWS and hybrid cloud infrastructure and operational solutions
• Provide guidance on security configurations and risk and compliance procedures (Identity Management, Network Configuration, Data Protection and Segregation of
• Manage storage, compute efficiency, and optimization activities, including evaluating configuration of compute size, storage solutions, and other service (network services, automation, and load balancing)
• Coordinate with engineering and architecture teams to ensure continuity of solutions
• Advise on best practices for improving operational processes
• Assist during all BCP/DR (Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery) activities (test or otherwise)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Computer Sciences, or equivalent prior work experience in a related field
• 5+years of experience with mapping compliance controls to process
• Strong audit background and experience
• Deep understanding of information security or the ability to attain one within 6 months of hire
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to express
• Technical requirements in words through technical l documentation
• Strong understanding of security products and concepts such as firewalls, VPNs, IDS and other security devices
• Knowledge of risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies, and security attack pathologies
• Ability to work effectively in both an independent and team environment
• Experience in leading or managing strategic thinking and planning sessions
• Must have the ability to communicate technical and compliance-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff