Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 238709
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is currently looking for interns to work in the Power Generation Services Division to support our Marketing and Sales support group. In addition to the work you produce as an intern, you will also be provided with a combination of networking, web-based and classroom based training to help familiarize you with the Power Generation industry and products. The role you play as a member of the team will be helping to support other team members through process development, improvements and supporting marketing strategies and initiatives.
You will gain experience and training in various business application software and IT based systems with extensive marketing data. The experience will include how the data is interpreted, presented and leveraged in the market using Microsoft Office software such as Power Point, Excel, and Access as well as Salesforce.com and Tableau.
• Create digital training material for internal Siemens awareness
• Draw reports from the application for user on-boarding, content access, views vs. usage
• Summarize findings on a regular basis to the regional DIG lead on the rollout and adoption
• Maintain a list of customers & users for app rollout in the given month (in MS Excel)
• Maintain the digital content for the product in the form of an updated PowerPoint
• Communicate the rollout status to stakeholders and team members
• Participate in regular awareness sessions with local team members
• Learn to interface with and access, input and analyze data to various software and data-based systems such as Tableau, SalesForce.com and Excel.
• Produce some PowerPoint presentation documents to support meetings and training efforts
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience:
• Junior level Business Administration, Marketing or Computer Science/Engineering undergraduate student
• Competency using Microsoft Office software such as Excel and Powerpoint
• Self starter with a strong work ethic and good communicator
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience:
• Experience with SAP, Tableau and/or SFDC a plus
• Knowledge of power generation equipment and markets a plus