Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 238735
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Mobility is seeking to hire a Senior System Engineer to support our Rail Automation business. In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for requirements engineering, system-level design specification, system integration, and system validation activities in customer projects.
- Development and management of system-level and subsystem-level requirements including traceability to design and validation
- Design specification and management for wayside, signal, and grade crossing systems in customer projects
- Development of detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit
- Prepare System Engineering estimates for customer RFP and Bid projects
- Change management
- Engage with the customer during the entire project lifecycle
- Collaborate across all functional units with the Siemens organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, physics, or similar degree.
- 5+ years experience as a system engineer, signal engineer, or similar role
- Practical experience with CTC, ATP, PTC, CBTC, or similar type microprocessor-based railway systems
- Working knowledge of railway standards such as AREMA, CENELEC, 49 CFR
- Approximately 15% travel for customer meetings or on-site activities
- The ability to work independently and in a leadership role in a group setting.
- Strong Communications skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven ability to identify and implement solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.