The Unconventional O&G business North American Sales Manager (NASM) is responsible for driving customer interactions that support the global sales and business development activities required to deliver the targets objectives for the unit. This position will be a technical sales position that leverages deep domain knowledge and understanding of the completions and pressure pumping business to develop leads, educate customer and help develop scope definitions for bid proposals. In addition to completions related scope, the NASM will also promote mobile power offerings more broadly in the Upstream O&G space for temporary power, flare gas capture and other similar projects. The NASM will work closely with the project development manager (PDM), ensuring bids are developed and delivered on time and in accordance with the UOG strategy. Position reports to the PG DR GS UOG Director of Global Sales.
- Conduct lead generation and opportunity development for the sales funnel
- Collaborate and lead bid processes to conclusion with the PDM and PDE team
- Educate customers, whether they are direct or indirect, on the value drivers for electric frack driven services and create implementation strategies for those customers or end users.
- Sales funnel report generation, documentation and reporting. Support sales forecasting and provide input to budget. Maintain and administer CRM tool and ensure all opportunities are up to date in the tool
- Support the Director of Global Sales to develop the go to market approach and implement the strategy. Coordinate engineering and sales support and tendering activities with the PDM to facilitate offering and supporting quality solutions and equipment packages to the customers.
- Develop and execute sales and marketing activity business plans and programs to ensure achievement of assigned business goals and present results as required.
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies for UOG to penetrate the unconventional market space with the Siemens portfolio.
- Transfer knowledge and market requirements for research and development to the Solutions manager and to the Technology and Innovation function, ensuring that the product requirement specifications are reflecting the market demands.
- Support the development of sales/ marketing promotions plans and materials. Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies.
- Build brand awareness in the marketplace for the Siemens UOG business
- Implementation of agreed sales and marketing programs
- Maintain trade contacts, develop networks and participate in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS/BA in related discipline, preferably engineering or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the O&G market, with an Upstream focus
- Experience in Sales and Business Development within O&G
- Deep domain knowledge in the area of hydraulic fracturing pumping operations and the balance-of-plant
- The Frac narrative (how frac is performed)
- Frac Control systems
- Equipment maintenance, systems procedures and processes
- Corporate strategy for fleet development and investment
- Ability to formulate solutions offerings utilizing Systems integration of resources across and within the BU and Divisions
- Experience in selling to Senior levels within O&G, understanding of sales cycle and buying behavior
- Strong customer, solution selling and negotiation skills to reach agreement on terms and conditions
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Experience providing guidance and direction to bid manager
- Masters Degree in related discipline, preferably engineering or advanced degree