Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 238744
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Digital Platform is looking for a talented Front-End Designer to be part of a group that is building customer facing applications for support, learning, marketing, and documentation platforms. These platforms are key to the future of digital commerce and SaaS marketing and service within the Digital Industry Software division of Siemens. This is a fast-paced environment with a start up like mentality of delivering projects at the speed of marketing in the digital area. In this role you will work on the creative and design team to help deliver all aspects of front end design including interactive prototypes, mock data generation, deployment and build scripts, component libraries. You will participate in the designer/developer workflow to hand-off completed prototypes to the development team focused on ReactJS design. You will help the creative team generate comprehensive designs and prototypes by delivering rapid prototype environments, build tools, and an optimized workflow.
You will work in an open workspace collaborative environment as part of a larger web services team responsible for delivering customer facing applications. You will have the ability to immediately make an impact as part of a team delivery high visibility and high traffic web applications.
You will be expected to contribute ideas, concepts, best practices, code reviews, and code development to deliver on tight timelines in a fast paced enterprise application development environment. You should be able to embrace developing designs and prototypes for performance, scale, and quality.
You should be driven by building inspired designs and enabling a clean handoff to development with backend tooling.
You will need to have excellent communication and writing skills to document component libraries and provide effective details for developers to integrate those designs.
Detailed responsibilities include:
• Generate clean, optimized HTML markup
• Write CSS with an emphasis on Atomic CSS
• Build responsive layouts
• Leverage Flexbox and CSS Grid to build modern site designs
• Implement design system component libraries
• Develop interactive, click-through prototypes
• Leverage the Git workflow for code management and deployment
• Test interactive designs for browser compatibility
• Develop build processes and tooling to support rapid design iterations
• Tune front end designs for performance and to adapt to SEO best practices
• Understanding and appreciation of HTML5 accessibility and implementing A11Y best practices
• Familiarity with JSON and asynchronous browser–server communication
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor degree in related field of study or equivalent level of experience
• Front-end design including building components in ReactJS or VueJS
• CSS and HTML design (2 years)
• Familiarity with CSS3 Animation principles
• Primary responsibility is code development, agile methodology, team environment
o Advanced use of CSS, sass, build tools, mock API environments
o Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
o Ability to interpret ambiguous business requirements
o Experience with agile methodologies and Git workflow
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• API development using NodeJS / ExpressJS, GraphQL
• Experience with SVG, SVG Icon systems, SVG animation
• Use of web sockets for client / server communication