Building Automation - Service Technician - Auburndale, MA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 238766
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Auburndale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is
currently searching for an HVAC Technician – Field Service Specialist I in
Auburndale, MA. The HVAC Technician will be responsible for performing Field
Service Agreement assignments to ensure proper operation and maintenance of
installed HVAC Controls and Building Automation Systems.
• Handles HVAC Controls emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
• Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
• Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to Service Agreement contracts.
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
• Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency
• Previous HVAC Technician service experience is required
• Knowledge of Building Automation Systems HVAC Controls preferred
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? We offer:
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in
a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.