Junior Project Manager
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 238782
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics is searching for a Project Manager for our Airport Logistics Operations team. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
This individual participates in the development and support of the project/program plan with the project teams including activities such as, defining schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities. Ensure continuous improvement activities are created and executed as necessary throughout the project life.
Independently performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interrupting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems.
• Supports the overall management of the contractual relationship, design, manufacturing, subcontractors and installation of baggage handling systems.
• Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
• Executes all aspects of change managements throughout the course of the projects and reassesses the resource requirements
• Demonstrates a working knowledge in multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments.
• Understands airports operations and can speak to how baggage systems operate to any and all stakeholders – internal corporate management, airlines, general contractors, local government, etc.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization’s business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
• BS Degree in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certification may be required in some areas
• Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
• Domestic travel up to 20% of the time
• Typically 2- 5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.