Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Massachusetts-AuburndaleAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North
American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and
environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner,
service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings
for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation;
heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since
1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including
important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square
Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
We have an opening in our Auburndale branch for a Service Operations Supervisor. This is a first-line supervisory position.
The selected individual will be responsible for managing Service Mechanics and Field Specialists as well as staffing needs. The Service Operations Supervisor also oversees the performance and activities of all Service Project Managers and Service Accounts Engineers at a major University.
• Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements, and/or T&M work.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls all service work and service project activities for assigned projects and/or service accounts.
• Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and service work proceeds according to plans, resulting from service agreement proposals, service project proposal and cost estimates.
• Ensures T&M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion.
• Supervises account engineering activities including service project work, material ordering, shipping, service agreement labor plans, customer satisfaction and service accounts receivable.
• Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned service work.
• Utilizes the service agreement low-GM improvement process, service tools, and assists in monthly forecasting.
• Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing service financial statements with engineers.
• Maintains and improves booked margins for service agreements.
• Directs and supervises the development of service agreement plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work.
• Reviews customer feedback and ensures service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals.
• Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract completion and labor leveling.
• Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between solutions, service, and sales so that project completion and turnover to service can be coordinated to customer disruptions, to maximize our profitability and to insure a smooth transition to a service agreement.
• Builds and maintains an effective service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
• Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
• Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred, however, candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement) and experience will also be considered.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of Engineering or Project Management experience in the HVAC/Building Automation field.
• 3 years Supervisory experience is preferred.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Why Siemens? We offer:
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.