Project Management Specialist - High Voltage
Business Unit: Transmission Solutions
Requisition Number: 238789
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry, Inc. Energy Management Transmission Solutions is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Project Management Specialist for major High Voltage Flexible Alternating Current Transmission System (FACTS) and Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) projects. As the Project Management Specialist, you will be responsible for the overall project profit/loss. This position reports to the Director of Project Management and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners of the company, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career you’ve always been looking for. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own backyard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
You will be part of one of the fastest growing business units in Siemens USA.
· Lead full scope solution plan development on the most complex projects or programs
· Design strategic project/program opportunities
· Lead project/program management activities
· Define scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities) for the most complex projects or programs
· Lead the technical review of system design and documentation
· Design continuous improvement opportunities
· Cultivate client relationship and sales opportunities
Knowledge, Skill, Education and Experience:
1. At least 8 + years of experience in High Voltage Substation projects or equivalent education and experience required
2. Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
3. Must possess excellent communication and team building skills
4. Ability to prioritize and network across the enterprise
5. PMP certified preferred
6. Ability to travel as needed, could meet or exceed 30%
Not required but preferred:
1. Credentials and experience in Engineering (Electrical preferred) and Construction Management is a plus.
2. PMP certificate from PMI as well as PM@Siemens certification preferred which will be required in this position.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.