Project Engineer - High Voltage Circuit Breakers
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 238797
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry has an opening for Project Engineer located in Richland, MS. This group has been in operation at this location for over forty years and employs more than 300. The position will be responsible for cradle to grave management of multiple projects with overlapping or staggered schedules from cradle to grave. This includes coordination with team members locally and in other offices. Directing and supporting drafting resources in creation of routine sketches, design layouts, circuit diagrams, bills of material, etc. The successful candidate must have a strong work ethic, be detail oriented and driven to get the job done on time with high quality and have flexibility to handle changing priorities.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Richland factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
2. 2-5 years of experience progressive engineering environment (R&D, Manufacturing, etc…).
3. Ability to understand and create technical drawings, bills of material.
4. Working knowledge of CAD software such as Inventor, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical
5. Understanding/experience of AC and DC electrical circuits.
6. Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills are highly desired.
8. Works well in a team environment as well as independently.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills and Experience
1. Prior experience with electrical circuit and/or component design and testing.
2. Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, NEMA, NESC standards
3. Experience in drafting and creating technical drawings and electrical schematics.
4. Experience with SAP systems
5. Knowledge and experience writing technical documents and reports.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.