Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 238830
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Are you ready to lead a dedicated team of Drafters and CADD technicians in supporting multiple transit projects?
In this role, your main objective is managing the day-to-day tasks of the team, assigning and tracking progress of tasks, and drive projects task to completion. You will also communicate the progress, status and any issues to your manager, project managers and team leads involved. In addition, you will attend project meetings to understand the project scope and needs.
- Manage the day to day tasks of a team of 19 Drafters and CADD Technicians.
- Assign tasks as requested by the projects and teams of Engineers.
- Track daily progress of tasks to ensure on time completion.
- Communicate status of tasks to manager and project leads.
- Ensure proper process and procedures are adhered to.
- Help identify issues that may impact progress and due dates.
- Help identify process improvements.
- Timesheet review and approvals.
- Perform file management activities in ProjectWise.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree in Drafting and Design, or related engineering discipline is required.
- 5 years practical experience in an Engineering organization along with 2 years minimum experience in supervising others.
- Proven experience in leading and motivating others.
- Proven ability to drive tasks to completion.
- Good Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organization skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working knowledge of Microstation and ProjectWise software.
- Previous experience in the Rail Industry, specifically Wayside and Transit businesses
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Component Engineering Supervisor with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.