Service Supervisor - Building Automation / HVAC Controls Technicians
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 238899
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Sandy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready to take the next career leap forward with an international organization that is committed a world-class leader? Siemens is seeking an experienced Supervisor for our Automation Service Team in Salt Lake City, UT. This supervisory position leads our team of specialists and technicians that support our customers throughout the Greater Salt Lake City area.
· Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements, and/or T&M work.
· Plans, organizes, directs and controls all service work and service project activities for assigned projects and/or service accounts.
· Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and service work proceeds according to plans, resulting from service agreement proposals, service project proposal and cost estimates.
· Ensures T&M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion.
· Supervises Client Service Manager activities including service project work, material ordering, shipping, service agreement labor plans, customer satisfaction and service accounts receivable.
· Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned service work.
· Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing service financial statements.
· Maintains and improves booked margins for service agreements.
· Directs and supervises the development of service agreement plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work
· Builds and maintains an effective service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Provides direct employee leadership. Is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
- Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides accurate project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
- Monitors, maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Service Projects, Service Agreements, and Time and Material projects.
- Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations, and sales so that project details, discrepancies and changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding, and operations phases of each service agreement and service project.
- Builds and maintains an effective service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training, development, allocation. and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required Experience:
- Two years of experience in Controls, Low-Voltage, Electrical, or similar trade.
- Two years of experience leading a team or in leading project execution.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan, and must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred.
- Preferred experience:
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Team Management experience preferred
- Two years of Technical Training experience with Building Automation, HVAC or Mechanical systems.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.