Energy ManagementBusiness Unit:
Digital Grid Solutions & ServicesRequisition Number:
United States-California-Foster CityAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
eMeter is at the heart of the Smart Grid revolution sweeping the globe: every electric, gas, and water meter around the world is being replaced by a “Smart” meter that can measure precisely when and how much energy is consumed. We’re one of two major product portfolios making up the Siemens Digital Grid Software unit, and are the leading provider of software that manages the enormous stream of data and events tracked by these smart meters. Our platform and growing number of apps enable utilities and their customers to lower costs, provide better service, and make smarter energy decisions. In addition, the eMeter platform is being heavily leveraged and enhanced as part of the Siemens-wide MindSphere IoT platform. We offer technically challenging work, opportunity for growth, an open and collaborative culture, and the chance to make a difference.
We’re looking for a technical writer to join our team at eMeter to develop documentation for our enterprise grid application platform and analytics applications. The ideal candidate will have experience writing product documentation for complex, enterprise software applications for a wide range of audiences.
- Create, maintain, and deliver high-quality documentation that empowers our customers and partners to implement, extend, and use eMeter/Siemens enterprise business applications
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, and solution consultants, to gather and transform technical and functional information into customer-facing content
- Write documentation for products developed on an evolving set of technologies, including Java, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, and AWS
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Write clear, accurate, and complete technical content with ease and grasp technical material quickly
- Possess superior native-level written and verbal communication skills in English
- Highly motivated, eager to learn, and able to work with little direction
- Enjoy working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, individually and as part of a global team.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Technical Writing, English/Journalism, or related field
- 1-4 years of professional technical writing experience
- Located in the SF Bay Area
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience documenting complex enterprise software products for a technical or developer audience
- Experience as a system administrator, support engineer, systems integrator, or developer
- Experience writing API documentation
- Previous experience in the power or energy domain