Order Management Representative - Busway
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 238941
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Roebuck
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_ management.html
Siemens Industry is looking for a Busway Order Management Representative. The candidate will review and process incoming orders, work with sales and customer in the clean order process and internally through scheduling and production release. The person will support sales and the customer via telephone, e-mail, etc. The candidate will report to the Busway Customer Service Supervisor and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
- Process incoming orders to verify all information required to complete clean order process.
- Process clean order through scheduling and production release.
- Collaborate with External Customers and Sales Team to meet requirement demands.
- Assists in the coordination of activities with other internal departments to meet customer needs.
- Identifies and resolves semi-complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Professional communication to customers and sales force to maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develops technical suggestions to deliver solutions to Customers and Sales Team.
- Must have the ability to adapt for each customer.
- Use best practices, lessons learned and good judgment to identify potential issues with Customer incidents as they arise and report them.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education:
1. Typically, 1-2 years of successful experience in manufacturing dealing with multiple departments
2. Associates Degree is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
3. Experience reading blueprints or CAD drawings.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to adapt to changing situations.
6. Proficient in Office Suite and computer skills.
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Technical knowledge of Busway, Bus Plugs or other electrical products.
2. SAP experience is highly preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.