Senior Scientist Collaboration Manager for Computed Tomography R&D Division
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 238942
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 60%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr. Scientist – Collaborations Manager for the Computed Tomography R&D Division.
This is a role well suited
to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr.
Scientist – Collaborations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing scientific collaborations at luminary institutions and driving joint projects that can lead to publications and/or extramural grant applications
- Building and supporting strong collaborative relationships with key thought leaders
- Maintaining clinical and technical expertise
- Keeping customers & collaboration partners informed about the Siemens technologies
- Drafting, negotiating and pulling together all collaboration contracts with support from legal, regulatory and compliance
- Tracking milestones and deliverables of research projects
- Maintaining accurate budget and conducting budget planning with appropriate colleagues
- Effectively communicating with Siemens internal audience and leadership
This position may suit you best if you
are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Siemens Healthineers
- You have completed studies in the field of Medical Physics, Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and/or Physics and have a strong clinical and technical background in the field of Computed Tomography and/or Medical Imaging
- You have the ability to take initiative and lead projects in multi-disciplinary groups
- You have the desire to learn, ask questions and be resourceful to identify innovative applications, develop own, creative solutions to complex problems
- You are willing and able to travel up to 60%, including short term international trips
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- PhD in related field
- 2 – 5 years of experience (industry or post-doctoral fellow)
- Excellent communication & Presentation skills
- Experience working in a clinical and interdisciplinary environment
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.