Technical Automation Informatics Specialist-Northeastern United States
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 238960
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
To qualified candidates living in the states from North Carolina to Maine and living near a major airport.
The AIS position assumes a leadership role in the Technical Applications Organization. Therefore, the AIS will be regionally based out of the North-East/Mid-Atlantic, but recognized as a national resource and thus, will be required to support customers across North America as needed. This may require extensive travel to meet the needs of our customers or the needs of the organization. The individual will routinely interact directly with customers including Laboratory Managers, Supervisors and IT Administrators, as well as external Laboratory Information System vendors, 3rd party middleware companies, contractors and facility engineering.
Performing pre-implementation activities including support of the sales process, pre-installation meetings, and technical demonstrations. Meetings with customers to discuss and establish readiness for Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface communication, network security and connectivity agreements, as well as establishment of customer specific workflow decisions that will determine system configuration activities (i.e., test setup, auto-verification, etc.) allowing for the successful integration of Siemens products.
AIS’s perform implementation activities including system hardware, software installation, network setup, application configurations, and connectivity for instruments, LIS and Laboratory Automation System’s (LAS). In addition, AIS’s perform verification and acceptance testing, as well as training for lab personnel. AIS’s also mentor TAS’s and CSE’s regarding automation and informatics practices and principles, and the use of common tools and materials. In addition, AIS’s review learning materials/tools and troubleshooting guides, helping to establish standardized operating procedures, and other related functions associated with informatics and automation.
AIS’s perform post-implementation support activities (on-site and remote), including answering questions, troubleshooting and solving problems, following the Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics escalation process to involve second and third level support when appropriate. They also perform post-installation configuration, validation, optimization and efficiency activities. They attend meetings/conference calls, providing and facilitating training and other ongoing education activities. The problems handled are often unique to each specific customer interaction with more complex problems often requiring the engagement of external resources and/or upper management.
The AIS will be vital in maintaining customer satisfaction with Siemens informatics and automation products and the performance of the integrated Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics products as a complete system. They will be responsible for identifying areas that need improvement, implementing preventative and corrective action plans, and complying with Siemens quality/regulatory policy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA degree, preferred in Medical Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 3 years’ experience, or equivalent work experience.
- IT professional certifications are recommended: A+, N+, S+, MCSE.
- Previous experience preferred in laboratory automation and middleware instruments, PC knowledge, networking and interface protocols, experience in a hospital setting supporting instrumentation and Laboratory Information Systems, includes troubleshooting RS232 serial and TCP/IP interfacing.
- Possess technical skills and knowledge with communication interface protocols, cabling & networking, data stream analysis and troubleshooting, experience setting up and configuring of automation and middleware or other relevant software applications and strong knowledge of computer operating system and hardware.
- Ability to use data stream monitor/analysis tools, data tracker, sniffers, communication and/or application simulators, cables and connector tools.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows operating systems, Ethernet and TCP/IP knowledge, browser configurations, internet connectivity configurations; both dial-up and broadband, firewall configurations, communication protocols including HL7, ASTM or other protocols.
- Familiarity with the following software necessary for routine daily operations: Windows XP, Windows 7/10, Lotus Notes, Netscape, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, Adobe Acrobat, PC Anywhere.
- Strong complex problem solving skills and the ability to translate technical issues into non-technical terms.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, accept responsibility and prioritize without significant management intervention.
- Professional attitude, comfortable working in a large corporate setting populated with diverse types of people, maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations, ability to accept change.
- An ability to interface at a highly technical level with assurance and confidence.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Laboratory experience such as MT/MLT, or training experience within a Laboratory healthcare environment.
- Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery.
- Windows: XP, 7/10; Server2kx; Name Resolution; NTFS permissions; Registry; local Group Policy; Local User and Group management; Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities.
- Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; Encapsulation; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; bridging; Internet access technologies; ARP
- Security concepts: CIA; Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS.