Business Developer - Low/Medium Voltage Products
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 238964
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Consulting Business Developer for the Phoenix, Arizona market. The candidate will work with local sales & area sales management to identify and secure business from key targets (consultants, general contractors, electrical contractors and end users). This person will report to the Director of Business Development for the West and Central Regions.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Richland factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Must have the ability to review complex bills of material & offer alternative solutions (bill of material optimization) to customers that drive incremental value over the competition.
• Experience in facilitating bid negotiation that covers all aspects of a large complex project: system design, bill of materials, labor content, local codes & standards, and contract negotiations including risk & liability.
• Ability to identify all key stakeholders of the project bid & negotiation process & represent Siemens products to those stakeholders.
• Able to evaluate business opportunities & make recommendations on specifications, system design, and product application.
Knowledge, Skills and Education/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced degree & combination of 8+ years of sales/engineering experience.
• 5 plus year experience with product solutions for industrial & construction applications.
• Manage thru conflict & navigate discussions with various stakeholders that may or may not agree on a solution for a particular opportunity.
• Self-starter & motivator who can create and maintain key customer relationships.
• Have a strong understanding of Medium & Low voltage distribution products.
• Able to manage C level relationships within engineering and EPC firms.
• Working knowledge of the electrical industry and/or the specific markets listed.
• Ability to travel 10%.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.