Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 238986
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Join a team of experienced professionals producing Blood Gas, Cardiac, Urinalysis and Diabetes Point-of-Care products that enable healthcare providers to render better patient management and help ensure optimized clinical outcomes. The successful candidate will join this agile team to develop and support Siemens Point of Care Instrumentation.
* Assist with software implementation and test activities on embedded medical device platforms.
* Join a team of 20+ software development engineers producing products that positively impact patient care.
* 1 yr. C++ or equivalent O.O language or a recent graduate with relevant classroom experience.
* Familiarity with Computer Science concepts.
* Familiarity with Electrical Engineering Concepts.
* Excellent communication skills and a willingness to expand field of knowledge.
* C programming familiarity.
* Java experience is a bonus (not a requirement).
• A four-year degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field is desired. Possibly substitute formal education requirements with a candidate with demonstrable knowledge and passion!
Your responsibilities include:
• Primary focus is on data acquisition or the "real-time" system control responsibilities.
• Supporting board support package development and writing low level applications to control hardware sub-systems.
• Design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of software solutions for medical devices.
• Building multithreaded, multi-process & processor solutions
• Utilizing your creativity, passion, & curiosity to find out-of-the-box ways to solve problems