Balance of Plant (BOP) Specialist
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 238999
Primary Location: United States-Texas-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
The BOP (Balance of Plant) Specialist is responsible for the completion of any planned and unplanned Balance of Plant tasks including routine inspection, troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary in a safe and professional manner. BOP includes substation equipment, collection system, met tower, turbine service lifts, O&M building, road work, amongst others. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. BOP specialist report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise. The BOP specialist has the responsibility to respond to operating instructions as a NERC compliant operator. Perform first class work on preventive maintenances and inspections to be completed on time and right the first time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently with little to no supervision.
· Ability to effectively communicate and interact with customer. · Provide excellent service to our customers.
· Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices. Actively work on wind power projects.
· Flexible travel schedule up to 25% travel. Complete and maintain required and accurate documentation and records.
· Flexibility to work outside planned hours, including nights and weekends as needed and on-call 24/7 with required response time to an unplanned event of 3 hours
· Work in varying temperature conditions, and adverse weather conditions.
Minimum three years Substation or High Voltage Experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 3+ plus years Wind experience with an Associates or Trade School Degree/Certification
· Proficiency in Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
· Electrical training, certification or degree or related field preferred.
· Climb Wind towers (up to 300 feet) multiple times and at times without climbing aids or lifts (as needed). Willing to travel up to 25% · Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations.
· Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position.
· Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening.