Senior Systems Specialist - Building Automation / HVAC Controls
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 239010
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready for a career with one of the most respected Building Technology companies in the world? Do you have the skills and knowledge to install, program and commission high level controls and automation systems?
- Work with project managers, engineers and other technicians to provide installation, programming and commissioning of automation and controls systems
- Effectively mentor entry level technicians
- Ensure a positive customer experience
- The Senior Specialist works for the field supervisor who reports to the Branch Operations Manager.
- Ensure faultless installation of equipment
- Develop and load programs
- Work with commissioning agents to ensure the design meets customer expectations
- Develop entry level technicians
- Assist engineers and project managers to ensure product meets or exceeds customer needs
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma Required
- 5+ Years experience installing, networking, troubleshooting, and / or maintaining DDC controls
- Basic network experience
- High level coding and programming experience
- Advanced level understanding of Microsoft Suite
- Excellent customer skills
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates Degree or above in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.