Project Management Specialist - IVD
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 239012
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Project Management Specialist
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Project Management Specialist, you will be responsible for planning, scheduling, tracking, coordinating, and monitoring in vitro diagnostic product development with Original Device Manufacturers (ODM) and other product development partners. This involves facilitating communications between the external manufacturing or development partner, multi-functional team members within Siemens Healthineers, and senior management to ensure timelines and goals are met.
As the ODM Project Management Specialist for up to 10 simultaneous projects, responsibilities include:
- You facilitating communication with development partners.
- You contributing to a cross-functional, multi-site product development team.
- You participating in the fulfillment of contractual agreements and in defining responsibilities for the development partner, Siemens Healthineers, as well as shared responsibilities. You supporting ODM manufacturing infrastructure, processes & procedures in order to achieve quality results.
You supporting ODM manufacturing infrastructure, processes & procedures in order to achieve quality results.
You supporting Siemens manufacturing infrastructure improvements to assist the partnered projects.
You forecasting and ordering of internal materials to support development partners.\
You consulting with the development partner on potential design changes and process changes.
You documenting practices and processes associated with development partner support.
You identifying needed decisions and driving decision making process
You scheduling and leading meetings to coordinate interdepartmental project activities required to resolve project issues.
You assuring that the project is tracked and all product and project deliverables (quality, performance, cost, schedule, and revenue) are met within their planned tolerances and as close to target as possible.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Advanced scientific, technology and/or business degrees are highly desirable and can substitute for some required experience
- PMP certification
- Since you will be interacting with international core team members, Japanese or Spanish language skills are desirable
- Previous exposure to manufacturing environments
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
or Science disciplines.
Requires basic skills in the product development process and a general business understanding, preferably in the medical device industry or IVD.
- Project Management expertise:
2 - 5 years of industry experience, which should include experience managing complex projects
- Strong analytical skills to assess situations and drive decision making
- Ability to coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down organization
- Experience in producing written reports (i.e. published papers, company reports, etc.)
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communications skills
- Familiarity with key software and decision making tools
- Ability to function in a changing, high-impact position, with deadline and resource constraints
- Capacity to achieve outcomes based on ability to facilitate and negotiate desired results
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.