Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239044
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Engineering Specialist I is field-based position that provides on site expertise and knowledge throughout the solutions project lifecycle. Utilizing existing tools, standards, and procedures, the Engineering Specialist provides estimating, designing, tracking and project management of standard jobs. This role acts as a technical resource to the team and customer as needed, and reports to the Fire & Security Operations Manager.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Field Technician Responsibilities:
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements.
- Participates in Design of security systems and verifies documentation produced by a Drafter.
- Verifies the sales estimate for equipment requirements and system design and configuration.
- Verifies all labor and equipment costs associated with system projects prepared in the branch.
- Ensures the implementation and utilization of the Engineering Best Practices.
- Develops drawings, wiring diagrams, operating instructions, system programming, sequence of operations and assembly or installation instruction for the installation and commissioning of systems.
- Ensures technical accuracy, content, assembly, and coordination of technical submittals to architects, engineers, and authorities having jurisdiction. Maintains records relating to the design, installation, programming, and commissioning of the systems designed.
- Maintains library of technical information and other related data pertaining to all security best practices and standards, other local codes, and all systems available to the branch.
- Provides technical service to customer Security systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
- Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Provides support to Project Manager on strategic Projects, and or manage projects independently.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
Required experience: 5+ years experience in the installation and maintenance of Security Products.
Required travel: 20%
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Knowledge of AutoCAD, Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan and must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Preferred education: A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of security, card access and video management systems.
- Experience in the following systems is preferred: SiPass, SiVeillance, Milestone, Software House, Avigilon, Genetec, Bosch, Assa Abloy wireless
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.