Aerodynamics Engineer- Olean, NY
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 239121
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
As an experience Aerodynamics Engineer, you will support both order execution of turbomachines and development projects related to improving compressor performance. Our headquarter in Olean, NY consist of radial compressors . Compressors are designed, built and tested in Olean. Thus, a highly skilled expert in the fields of Aero-/Thermodynamic and turbomachinery is needed in Olean to provide support on turbomachinery design, manufacturing, testing and problem resolution.
As a candidate, you will make use of state-of-the-art computational hardware and methods, and will be expected to broaden an understanding of aerodynamics as it relates to turbomachinery design and analysis. In addition, you will be expected to contribute toward enhancing existing design / analysis software and processes.
- B.S. in Aerodynamics/Aerospace Engineering
- 5 years of experience in Aerodynamics Engineering field
- Fundamental knowledge of viscous and compressible flow theory.
- Experience in using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) software and techniques to simulate complex fluid flows, including grid generation, simulation and post-processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good communication and organizational skills at all levels
- Strong presentations skills (Trade shows, etc.)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and function on individual and group projects.
- Masters in Aerodynamics/Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with centrifugal compressors
- Practical experience in programming / scripting using such languages as Fortran, C, MATLAB and Python.
- PHD with experience in centrifugal compressor aerodynamics