Technical Support Engineer - O&M (Operations and Maintenance)
Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 239129
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Technical Support Engineer – O&M (Operations and Maintenance)
The Technical Support Engineer – O&M provides support for all Siemens O&M plants in both RNA and RLA under long term Operation and Maintenance contract. They are responsible for the timely resolution of operational and maintenance problems at all O&M facilities in North and South America. These activities will include the use of various Siemens tools and systems including PCM, WRITs, Event Calendar, Fleet Intelligence, SAP systems etc.
- This position will interact with various engineering groups and plant staff in resolving complex technical problems at combied cycle plants.
- This position will be reporting to the technical support manager in Operation and Maintenance, which is part of the O&M back office support team responsible for all of the O&M plants in RNA & RLA.
- Responsible for the combined cycle power plant operation & Maintenance support for existing O&M and LTP plants in RNA & RLA.
- Lead and coordinate all of the TMS meeting agenda, scope,meeting minutes and posting of the documentation.
- Help management team with the quality of the outage planning and coordination.
- Work with the plant management team and PM on optimization requirements, schedules utilizing the TMS process.
- Coordinate with respective Plant Managers to plan combined cycle power plant optimization opportunities,including schedule & scope, forecasting budgets, RFQs, quality
- Coordinate with Districts and other product lines for resources and tools for planned as well as the forced outages.
- Travel and assist the plants at site during their scheduled and forced outages, capitol improvement projects as and when required.
- Help the O&M plants with outage budgets and managing it during the outages
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechanical/instrumentation/similar discipline or high school diploma/GED with 8 years of relevant experience
- 5-8 years of experience with strong gas turbine/steam turbine/BOP combined cycle plant operations/maintenance field service experience
- You must have hands on experience in controls optimization and tuning of various key closed loop controls including, fast starts, shutdown, base load, HP/IP/LP steam bypass stations operation etc.
- You should be able to comprehend, P&Id, Electrical schematics, Contol logics and other engineering drawings typical for power plants
- You will have reasonable exposure to Siemens and other Industrial standards for electrical industry and power plant applications
- You will possess understanding of various Siemens tools and systems such as PCM, SAP, WRIT, CAPA etc. to resolve the technical and engineering issues
- Must be willing to meet the travel requirement of 25% and work at the plants for extended durations.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.