Associate Project Manager - Fire Alarm and Security Systems
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239141
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Manages multiple, small Fire projects from booking to customer acceptance with a project volume primarily less than $50,000, but larger projects may be assigned. This position reports to the FSS Operations Manager for Alaska.
· Responsible for execution portion of projects only.
· Leads the project document/submittal creation, installation, start-up, commissioning and turnover of assigned fire projects.
· Leads/oversee 130 plus Fire Alarm Projects (average $15k per project) and be responsible for 30-40 active projects at any one time.
· Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion; coordinates internal and/or external installation resources to meet project schedules.
· Analyzes as-sold scope of work against project documents and plans. Escalates deviations between scope and contract specifications, and/or codes, to Branch Sales.
· Responsible for estimating/proposing change orders.
· Manages the effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with customer and AHJ requirements.
· Identifies percentage of completion for the preparation of progress billings. Participates in the pursuit of timely payments from the customer, and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Identifies final project completion to Project Coordination for initiating the project Technically Complete work flow. Participates as needed to ensure a timely completion of the close out process.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High School diploma required; BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 2+ yrs project management experience
· Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts and procedures.
· Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
· Excellent problem solving skill and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledgeable in all National and local Fire Alarm Codes and standards, including Building and Electrical Code.
· NICET II certification in Fire Alarm Systems is preferred