Test Technician II 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 239148
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm.
Under minimal supervision, the Electrical Engineering Technician II will utilize various electronic equipment, document test data, and read schematics. Test, troubleshoot and repair process products and subassemblies. Reports to Production Supervisor.
· Evaluate and test System Operating Programs to compare to Factory Accepted Test Plans.
· Wiring, cable prepping, and assembling as per the wiring diagrams. Read and understand all related drawings including, but not limited to, assembly drawings, bill of material (BOM), test procedures and troubleshoot from schematics.
· Complete quality inspection of labels and hardware check and conduct complete point to point wire check on final product prior to electrical testing.
· Utilize test equipment including, but not limited to, OHM meters, O’scopes
· Perform advanced board level soldering.
· Adhere to all safety guidelines and utilize all PPE.
· 5S activities and maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
· Must be able to communicate with other technicians and engineers.
· Have a working knowledge of common hand and power tools and test equipment.
· Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
· May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
· Verify proper hook up of cables completed by other Technicians prior to energizing.
· Identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, and assist Tech III with debugging.
· Lead technical presentations. Train customer personnel in equipment operation. Represent the company and assist engineer with customers' concerns with equipment.
· Troubleshoot to the component level on sub-assembly faults and failures which includes mechanical/equipment problems. Repair, when necessary, minor product deficiencies.
· Build test fixtures and perform bench measurements.
· Assist assembly with questions and pre lab hardware and wiring checks.
· Utilize common hand and power tools.
· Assist with new personnel training.
· Instruct Tech I on the testing and troubleshooting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
· Math Skills required.
· Intermediate computer skills.
· Ability to work and adapt in a team environment.
· Good written and oral communication required.
· Ability to work overtime and flexible hours.
· Associate Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent.
· Ability to use basic Functions of Microsoft Office
· Possess a thorough knowledge of the testing process. Prior radio frequency (RF) experience required.
· Two (2) years as an Electrical Engineering Technician I required or equivalent.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
· Proficient with drive software