Senior Risk Manager - Infrastructure Finance
Business Unit: Financial Services (FS)
Requisition Number: 239154
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
The Senior Risk Manager will offer you, ideally being someone with 6+ years of debt capital markets/investment banking experience, the opportunity to work in the project finance area of the infrastructure sector.
You will work with SFS personnel to diligence investment opportunities and interface with financial Sponsors on the debt financing of infrastructure projects of varying types, including but not limited to roads, airports, seaports and other general infrastructure projects in North America and South America.
As part of the investment team, you will provide credit and structure analysis on proposed and actual Infrastructure Project Finance debt transactions for SFS Inc. Analysis includes the prospective borrower, loan structure and supporting documentation. Prepare and sensitize cash flow models to accurately assess credit risk.
You will serve as a primary expert within SFS for all matters relating to the infrastructure segment of the project finance industry and financings for the industry. It is necessary for you to have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure sector, project financings, infrastructure industry drivers etc, so that you may be able to quickly comprehend and explain all aspects of infrastructure financings in a clear, concise manner.
Serve as the primary person in the loan closing process by negotiating documentation on behalf of SFS.
Essential Job Functions:
Excellent analytical skills and extensive knowledge of Project Finance and the Infrastructure sector, including but not limited to:
Other General Infrastructure
- Extensive industry sector expertise with a strong understanding of all key industry risk drivers; including construction, price / volume, technology, operations and maintenance, counterparty, contractual agreements, sponsor/equity, and market risks.
- Excellent corporate finance background with a thorough understanding of debt capital markets products and structures including debt, private placements, mezzanine and equity offerings.
- Gather and evaluate client information, compare to industry benchmarks, analyze third party information, assess risk and recommend commitment levels, financing structures and documentation requirements within standards and following risk management policies;
- Serve as the lead team member responsible for the deal packaging / submittal process, including assuming the role of “lead deal advocate” by completing the Credit Report and other appropriate underwriting documents; providing the first approval/endorsement of the fully underwritten transaction and presenting the case for the transaction to the appropriate lending approval authority;
- Excellent cash flow modeling skills, including the ability to appropriately sensitize models. Strong ability to analyze and interpret cash flow model data. Appropriately analyze all projection assumptions and justifications. Conclude if projections are realistic and the ability for the borrower to attain projected results;
- Oversee documentation/contracting and funding/booking processes, including serving as the primary business person representing SFS in negotiating transaction documentation, resolving any open items and ensuring all credit conditions are satisfied prior to funding;
- Assist and mentor other underwriters with the loan closing process; including providing guidance in negotiating documentation.
- Act as deal advocate and accountable party throughout the life of the transaction;
- Provide accurate and timely input into various databases (CBase, LoanIQ, etc) and credit logs/reports.
Minimum 6+ years underwriting and portfolio management experience, including a minimum 3+ years of experience in infrastructure industry and project finance underwriting and credit analysis, portfolio management and portfolio oversight;
BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, or other quantitative subject. MBA or CFA preferred (or sufficient additional industry experience);
Completed formal bank credit training program;
Demonstrate a comprehensive overall knowledge of credit, audit and portfolio management as well as a general understanding of new business development and loan administration;
Excellent understanding of infrastructure industry drivers and issues;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with all levels of management;