Business Development Manager - Fire Solutions - Florham Park, NJ
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239193
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for
an experienced Business Development Manager to lead business development
activities for our Fire Alarm Systems group for the NYC Metro area mainly
focusing on, but not limited to, developing and maintaining consulting engineers
and Contractor coverage. The general goal of engineering coverage would be to
establish long-term relationships with key specifiers in order to generate
specifications favorable to Siemens Industry, Inc. for fire alarm projects, and
more specifically, for our area’s target projects. Focus would be on large
specifiers whose influence crosses district, area and national boundaries. This
individual would work with the consulting engineer and Contractor on conceptual
design, specification development, sequences of operation, smoke control matrix
lists, budgeting, etc. and work with the sales team associated with the given
• Allow Siemens Smart Infrastructure to increase its visibility and fire alarm leadership position image in the specifier and construction community. Write fire alarm specifications on targeted projects to enhance the company’s probability of success through price and preference. Develop and conduct seminars and lunch & learns to consulting/contracting firms to promote company products and solution sets. Neutralize or put competition at a disadvantage. Develop business opportunities and generate sales volume.
• Assists in the preparation of product information
required by customers. Performs training assignments as directed in order to
apply engineering knowledge and principles. Continually strives to become more
familiar with Siemens products, technology, personnel, culture, policies,
practices and regulations.
• Provide expert application support to specifiers and contractors to improve customer and branch productivity and reduce their risk.
• Allow the Sales Engineer/Account Manager to respond to specifier requirements in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
• Supports local sales management with strategic planning and forecasting. Research, develop and maintain competitive information resources. Works with market communications staff to develop support materials for the consulting engineering community. Maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services. Represents Siemens with active participation in industry associations, professional organization and affiliations. Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory approval of design documents and create outstanding customer value.
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred. PE License strongly desired, or combination of education (HS Diploma/GED a minimum requirement) along with directly related experience will also be considered
• Five years or more experience in the fire alarm industry
• Work experience at a consulting firm desired
• Knowledge of Siemens Industry products and solution sets desired
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present themselves and Siemens Industry, Inc. in a professional and positive way, be technically astute and work well in a team environment
• Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional principles and skills
• Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.