Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239202
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Ankeny
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Performs start up and check out of computerized building automation systems and HVAC control systems on a construction site or occupied facility in a commercial or industrial environment. Will use a laptop computer to document start up procedures and any problems found. Will troubleshoot equipment using a multi-meter and hand tools. Computer skills are required. An electrical or building automation background is preferred. Must understand HVAC systems and concepts. The ability to work on a construction site including the use of step ladders and scaffolding is required.
* Performs point to point check out of installed equipment to verify operability of components including HVAC control systems, lighting control systems, and energy management systems.
* Runs tests to verify equipment is operating to specified parameters. Verifies the sequence of operation.
* Develops and troubleshoots software programming.
* Works with engineering group to verify design; creates and reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems; creates /reviews and uploads system database, and creates graphics.
* Network Technologies: Backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; drives issues to resolution. Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, and hubs including fiber optics.
Confirm proper network performance.
* Project Site Communication and Coordination: Works with the project manager to schedule with trade contractors and coordinate start-up services as needed; start-up and test HVAC equipment, coordinates network drops, IP addresses, and monitoring tools with the customer's IT Department; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems and verifies proper operation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training or equivalent experience required.
* Electronics background required with the ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
* Solid computer/IT skills required
* Some overnight travel may be required
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
* Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
* Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Knowledge of commercial HVAC systems a plus.
* Some IT knowledge or experience preferred.