Buyer - Manufacturing
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 239235
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/process-industries-and-drives.html
Working in Tactical Purchasing Dept., supporting material availability to production. Serve as liaison between Supply Chain and Production Control. Responsible for ordering and executing supply chain strategies in order to deliver quality products on time to meet production order start dates. Expedite material shortages as well as developing long term solutions to mitigate such shortages.
Responsible for asset management (optimize inventory turns), material availability, supplier delivery reliability, nonconforming
good returns, material scheduling/presentation to the receiving dock, issue resolution regarding shipment/invoice discrepancies, purchase price change. Supporting role in strategic supplier development
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 plus years experience in Manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take on project management ownership execute on daily activities.
- Detail and Results oriented
- Excellent priority setting ability
- Demonstrated sense of urgency
- Must be familiar with supplier on-time delivery goals/metrics, examples to be provided
- At a minimum, experience with preferred sourcing models
- Complete understanding of inventory management
- Proven experience with supplier audits and tools used
- Experience with the coordination of supplier workshops
- Familiar with commercial contracts, logistics agreements or quality agreements
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve processes
- Cross functional experiences with Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Strong Excel skills
-Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Previous experience in make or engineer to order environment
- VBA knowledge
- International buying experience
- Import experience