Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 239249
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The Assembler Special Panel Level 4 position is responsible for performing sub assembly/wiring and final assembly/wiring duties on products such as Motor Control Centers and Enclosed products manufactured in Wendell NC. This is a Job grade 83 Team Lead position on 1st Shift (6:30am – 3:00pm).
- Perform sub assembly/wiring and final assembly/wiring work to the highest level of accuracy (work to zero tolerance) and Workmanship
- Understand the importance of working with accuracy and the consequences for sub standard work.
- Work at above, and at ground level on a regular basis.
- Be required to lift parts or sub assemblies that weigh 35 lbs or less on regular basis.
- Adhere to developed processes, time standards and or seek ways to improve
- Be a Team player in the manufacture of Product.
- Have the ability to work with all in a professional manner.
- Observe all safety rules and keep safety first for self and others.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 years experience performing mechanical assembly (build) of product and 6 years of wiring.
- Must have the ability to assemble components on panel per given layout drawings. In addition, candidate must have the ability to read and work with schematic drawings with minimal to no supervision.
- Must have the ability to work with large power cables including correct method of crimping connectors.
- Possess some knowledge on electrical clearances.
- Knowledge of torque wrench and applied torque values.
- Experience working with standard hand and power tools both pneumatic and battery operated.
- Strong knowledge of Siemens standards and how to apply these standards with given documents.
- Proven record in Quality and Productivity.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs on a regular basis.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years experience of mechanical assembly (build) of a product
- 6+ Years of experience wiring
- Associates Degree or technical training in area of responsibility