Surface Grinder Operator - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 239276
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future in a manufacturing environment?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Surface Grinder Operator where you will perform all necessary functions to clean, de-burr, assemble/disassemble for machining, and prepare parts and components for inspection.
What are your responsibilities?
- Receive parts and components
- Work from routings, bills of material, and drawings
- Clean and prepare parts, components, and rotating equipment
- Assemble or disassemble components according to procedures maintaining all specific dimensions
- Perform operations including drilling, polishing, bolting, tapping, reaming, sanding, grinding, cleaning, bluing, doweling, leveling, aligning, fitting and layout of parts per procedure and drawings.
- Use cranes as required
- Operate saw
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must pass our basic mechanical aptitude test given on-site at Dresser-Rand.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.