Construction Project Manager - Siemens Real Estate
Business Unit: Corporate Core
Requisition Number: 239278
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 65%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth. For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Are you in the market for an opportunity to manage Siemens Real Estate Building Solutions projects? Join Us! You will be responsible for leading the design and construction process, delivering on time and budget for new construction, expansion and fit-out projects.
- Report to the Siemens Real Estate Building Solutions Head
- Project management responsibilities to ensure that all projects are executed, within scope, budget and delivered on-time, ensuring quality standards are met through planning, preparing and completing action plans; implementing SRE’s standards and processes; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements and accepting ownership; financial forecasting.
- Oversees and manages the programming, design and development of projects.
- Review of plans, specifications, schedules and cost estimates.
- Communicates with customer, consulting disciplines, contractors, vendors, and suppliers to ensure all project information is captured along with requirements.
- Works with consultants to coordinate detailed design drawings and construction documents based on the project’s requirements.
- Provide reports to Executive, Senior and Customer leadership on project status periodically.
- Managing of multiple projects concurrently
- Coordinate the efforts of the project with Architect, Engineers, Consultants, Stakeholders, Procurement and Finance
- Strong negotiating skills
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement projects
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Report and escalate to management any scope creep identified.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of managing projects with a proven working experience as a project manager in the construction industry, industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, office buildings and fit-out
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering with a knowledge combination of business skills, management, budgeting and analysis
- Knowledge of Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical systems
- PMP Certification
- Requires a complete and thorough knowledge of the construction process with focus on quality
- Knowledge of estimating, especially conceptual estimating
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Proven troubleshooting skills in managing conflicts
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, MS Project)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Bilingual a plus, Spanish
- 60%-70% Travel to projects