Welder - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 239282
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future in a manufacturing environment?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Welder where you will perform x-ray quality production, maintenance and salvage welding.
What are your responsibilities?
- Weld bases, sole plates, racks, panels, bearing supports etc.
- Perform structural welding as required.
- Understand welding techniques particularly for welding thick and thin sections together and be proficient in electrical or oxyacetylene welding, tungsten inert gas welding, mig welding, fluxcore, brazing, silver soldering, shrinking, or sweating.
- Layout work as necessary.
- Must pass company administered tests to qualify to the level necessary to meet product and customer specifications
- Regulate voltage, amperage, wire feed to correspond to the positioner speed according to the size of the fillet or weld desire and WPS.
- Use jib crane, pendant controlled or radio controlled bridge cranes to lift and move heavy parts.
- Dye check and magnetic particle testing of welds. Stamp with personal mark.
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- Certificate of completion of a welding training program or equivalent experience
- Must pass welding tests administered by the Company
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.