Zone Technology Expert - Building Automation - Major US City
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239283
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 50%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market
leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly
buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and
system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection;
life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation,
Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and
The Zone Technology Expert Automation Professional provides product expertise in Building Technologies (BT) disciplines. This senior level role will focus on automation products for Enterprise level customers in the data center and healthcare vertical markets. The position will interact as the Building Technology liaison with the customer’s IT, engineering and operation groups and serve as the technical subject matter expert. The position will require travel to customer sites when needed to design, configure and install the customer’s servers and network switches required for the building automation systems. The position will also be required to provide on-site technical troubleshooting for resolution of customer issues and advanced technical assistance for sales activities.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems on jobs and provides appropriate reports to management.
- Troubleshoots network, software, and/or hosted system malfunctions.
- Leverage remote connectivity to improve rapid problem solving with technicians and customers.
- Works with other Zone Technology Experts to develop and share technical solutions.
- Stays current with BT product documentation and communicates updates to field technicians and specialists.
- Maintains technical expertise on all products, tools and gateways through continuing education initiatives.
- Coaches Zone level field technicians on company systems and service offerings.
- Provides technical sales assistance and support on latest company products.
- Reports to Senior Operations Manager for Enterprise Automation.
- Mentors other Field Service Technicians / Specialists.
- Interacts with Project Managers / Engineering staff, Field Specialists and Sales Executives.
- Performs product demonstrations and communicates design strategies to sales executives.
- Provides manager a monthly report of all activities performed (sales support, technical and application support, training, mentoring, etc.). Will support all BT personnel, in the offices in the assigned Zone.
- Much of the role will be spent at customer locations which may include time spent on construction sites. These sites may have a moderate noise level and regular distractions.
- Some physical requirements such as reaching, climbing, standing and bending.
- Ability to work extended hours occasionally as required.
- Frequent travel required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Experience and Education
- High School diploma required; BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years engineering / systems experience in related field.
- Applicable Microsoft / Cisco / technical certifications.
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.