Fire Alarm Inspector - Grand Rapids, MI
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 239286
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Wyoming
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- Position Overview:
Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, this position provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems
including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
· Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications
· Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
· Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance
· Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material. Participates in On-Call
assignments/ schedules as required.
· Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to lower level Field Service Technicians as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· 2+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· NICET II Fire Alarm Certification required (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) within 12
months of hire.
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs. Ability to lift seventy-five
(75) pounds unassisted.
· Must have valid state drivers license and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.