Project Engineer - Real Time Locating Systems - Industrial Automation - MI
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 239291
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 70%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a Project Engineer to support our Siemens and distributor sales teams in the USA. The Project Engineer will support to establish the PD PA CI organization as a competent supplier of holistic localization solutions in the industry and thus provide expert technical support for RTLS applications. It is the goal of the Project Engineer to successfully apply the RTLS product portfolio in customer applications (various industries).
This position will report to the Head of the RTLS business in the USA and work closely with the Business Developers and PreSales Consultants.
This position will be based out of the Detroit, MI area.
- Planning and implementation of Real Time Locating Systems in customer projects, recognizing and analyzing of project risks as well as taking required actions accordingly.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for Siemens RTLS for all problems and questions from customers.
- Provide consultative technical support to customers during design, testing, debugging and commissioning of RTLS systems.
- Integration of interfaces to end user application.
- Installation and commissioning of RTLS hardware and software and serving as the technical responsible working closely together with Project Manager and end customer.
- Functional testing and working with external service providers.
- Support of IT for a successful roll out as well as conduction of fault analysis and process optimization.
- Analyze customer specific requirements for the locating systems.
- Support the development of functional specification documents as well as solutions.
- Submit the functional requirements to the development team and prepare test specifications as well as documentation with the team.
- Commissioning at customer site, conduct operator training as well as customer acceptance for hardware and software.
- Collaborate with Siemens RTLS Project Engineering team in Germany to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Offer RTLS product improvement suggestions to Sale Specialist based on field experience and competitor intelligence.
- Education: BS in engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge about the processes in industrial manufacturing or logistics.
- Understanding of localization technologies and their applications in industrial applications.
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously.
- Typically 5-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Self-motivated individual - internally driven.
- Outward focused, customer oriented.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships with sales and customers (interpersonal relationships).
- Anticipated travel: 70%
- In depth understanding of RTLS technology for Industrial Applications.
- Familiarity with common industrial applications of RTLS.
- Knowledge of industry value chain and typical work practices- Integrators, OEMs, End Users.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
· Technical knowledge in areas like radio technology, IT or automation engineering as well as database knowledge.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills: