Project Procurement Management Professional
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 239292
Primary Location: United States-California-McClellan
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
We are currently seeking a Project Procurement Manager to integrate Procurement into project management teams and train maintenance processes at an early stage and through the entire project duration. This individual will organize, control and analyze all Procurement activities in a project(s) and introduce Procurement strategies targeting maximum contribution to the operating result. This position will work with our Mobility CS team to support newly won projects and future bids.
- Responsible for coordination, implementation and communication of project procurement strategy and activities.
- Identifies and guides supply base risk, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage / exploit potential opportunities; solves project specific procurement challenges.
- Performs procurement activities in alignment with project management prioritization and requirement.
- Defines, tracks and reports on scheduling, risk, change, opportunities and resource management
- Ensures that all projects meet material delivery requirements
- Works with cross-functional business partners as well as SCM network
- Ensures that the project scope and terms are addressed in the vendor's contract
- Fully responsible for the execution and delivery of Projects material & Services
- Supports contractual and price negotiations which are led by our Mobility CS, Strategic Procurement Team out of Sacramento.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
5+ years relevant work experience in Strategic Procurement or Project Management
- Broad supply chain knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Project management skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Education: Bachelor’s preferred
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA preferred