Security Supervisor/Team Lead - Security Equipment Installation (CCTV/Access Control/Intrusion) - Cambridge/Boston, MA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 239301
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Danvers, United States-Massachusetts-Lowell, United States-Massachusetts-Burlington, United States-Massachusetts-Framingham, United States-Massachusetts-Waltham, United States-Massachusetts-Andover
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is growing and we
are looking for an experienced Commercial Security (CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion) Team
Lead to be located exclusively in Cambridge/Boston. Previous management experience
is preferred but not absolutely required for the right candidate. We are looking for an experienced Security
Technician/Team Lead that wants to manage, lead, and mentor Security
Technicians/Specialists. This hands-on
field Supervisor role is responsible for the day-to-day scheduling, growth and
development of 7 to 10 Security Specialists, as well as participating in
project installation activities themselves. This premier management position
handles our biggest and most prestigious customers and is eligible for a
• Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects, in assigned geographic area or location.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls all manpower associated with the installation, startup, commissioning, testing, and other committed activities for assigned projects.
• Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates.
• Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group.
• Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
• Actively coordinates startup activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
• Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions to Service Project Turnovers.
• Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work.
• Directs and supervises the development of project startup and commissioning plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work.
• Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction..
• Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations and sales so that project details, engineering or equipment changes, plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
• Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
• Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
• Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field desired, however, candidates with a combination of directly related Security experience and education (a High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required) will also be considered.
• At least 5 years of Security (CCTV, Access Control) industry experience.
• 3 years of supervisory experience would be ideal, however, someone with several years of Security experience looking to grow their career in management will also be considered.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an fantastic career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation and yearly incentive
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire individuals with high potential and assist them with their career development. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave. Come advance your career with Siemens!