Portfolio Manager - Wayside Solutions - Rail Automation
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 239305
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Mobility finds smart solutions to make aging cities more sustainable and competitive, focusing on traffic and transportation systems, more efficient energy supplies, and environmentally-compatible building technologies.
The Wayside Solutions Program Management Director (Portfolio Manager) is a senior level role that will be accountable for customer satisfaction, strategic planning, managing key accounts, product and people management, business development, bidding, pricing, financial management, and contract negotiation.
In this role, you will oversee the strategic business processes, but will also work closely with department heads to rectify any issues that may arise as it relates to Project Management, Systems Engineering, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, RAMSS, Sales or Customer Service.
- Business Unit Management –
(a) personnel acquisition and development
(b) process adoption and conformance
(c) managing the business’ core technologies and customer opportunities pursued to achieve a comprehensive long-term strategy that supports the growth and stability of the organization.
- Business Unit Collaboration –
(a) successfully managing customer expectations in direct contact with customers on a routine basis
(b) successfully managing the interaction between Sales, Suppliers, Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing, etc. and the customer base to achieve best in class results that will prosper the business short and long term
(c) effective cross-department collaboration needed for the success of the Business Unit within the Siemens business matrix model.
- Business Unit Performance –
(b) forecasting and budgeting
(b) effective reporting to upper management in their need to understand the day-to-day performance of the business.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Degree in Engineering and Business Administration or enough experience in one or both areas to demonstrate proficiency
- Certification in Project Management or equivalent experience to demonstrate proficiency
- 10+ years of rail/transportation industry experience
- Proven record in successfully managing a department or business unit
- Strong business acumen including financial capabilities
- Established industry network with the ability to effectively build and maintain professional relationships
- Strong communication skills with employees, clients and management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to provide strong leadership for complex technical and commercial issues
- Excellence in creating and writing presentations, and other communications for both management and clients
- Able to maintain focus and concentration while working under frequent time pressures and constant interruptions
- Able to travel frequently and for extended periods of time hours
- Able to work a professional work schedule, including working nights, weekends or non-regular hours
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products and Project Management applications
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming an Portfolio Manager with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.